The 29th Ranger Battalion that was formed December 20th, 1942, with volunteers from the 29th Infantry Division then stationed in England and commanded by Major Randolph Milholland. The volunteers were trained by the British Commandos at Achnacarry, Scotland. The 29th Rangers were attached to Lord Lovat’s Number 4 Commando Troop. Some members of the 29th Rangers participated on a raid with the Commandos on an island off the coast of France and on the 20th of September, 1943, a company moved to Dover to take part in a raid on the European Continent. But the raid was canceled. Headquarters, 29th Infantry Division issued General Orders disbanding the unit on October 18, 1943.